GENERAL & COSMETIC DENTISTRY IN SUMMERVILLE, SC
A dental crown completely caps a natural tooth or dental implant, using a dental cement to stay in place. They are both functional and aesthetic, being made from a variety of materials. Permanent crowns are made from a variety of materials, ranging from stainless steel, alloy, porcelain, resin, or ceramic. This option is typically costly, but is the best long term answer.
Here are some situations where a dental crown would be needed:
1) Protecting a weak tooth from decay or breaking
2) Restoring an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been worn down
3) Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of natural tooth left
5) Covering misshapen or discolored teeth
6) Making a cosmetic modification