Solomon Dentistry provides the best in cosmetic dentistry and partial dentures. We proudly serve Charleston and Summerville.
Partial Implants and Cosmetic Dentistry
For someone who has lost a few of their natural teeth, but still has healthy remaining teeth, partial dentures can be the ideal replacement to improve one’s quality of life. Partial dentures are a removable or permanent option that replaces or spans the place of missing teeth in order to reveal a full, beautiful smile. Ultimately, they can help improve self-esteem and confidence. In order to fully cover partial dentures, we’re covering the most commonly asked questions about partial dentures and cosmetic dentistry..
Are There Different Types of Partial Dentures?
Yes, there are two different types that can be utilized based on your unique situation: fixed and removable partial dentures. Depending on the health of your gums and surrounding teeth, our cosmetic dentist will recommend one of the following partial denture options:
- Fixed Partial Denture or “Bridge” – Fixed partial dentures, commonly referred to as a “bridge”, permanently attaches the artificial tooth to a dental crown implanted in the jaw or underneath the gum tissue with a dental implant.
- Removable Partial Denture – A removable partial denture, commonly referred to as a removable dental bridge, fills the gap between healthy teeth with a replacement tooth that is attached to a gum-colored plastic base. These dentures are connected by a metal framework.
How Should I Take Care of My Partial Dentures?
Remove you dentures before going to sleep each night
- Place your dentures in a mild cleaning solution overnight to ensure cleanliness
- Brush your dentures each morning and night as you would with your natural teeth
- Be sure to brush your partial dentures before putting them back into your mouth!
DENTAL CARE 7 DAYS A WEEK
|Mon – Saturday||7AM – 8PM|
|Sunday||12PM – 6PM|
|Mon – Thursday||7AM – 8PM|
|Friday||7AM – 5PM|
|Saturday||10AM – 6PM|